The pictures I am sharing with you are all part of the preps for the classes *WE* are looking forward to attending with the teacher Marilyn Doheny! Marilyn is a favorite for my granddaughter, this is our second year with Marilyn (two classes and lunch)this year! She has a wonderful way of teaching and is not at all judgemental or strict (if you like how it looks that is what is important), with Marilyn it is so much fun, she is good even for a totally traditional quilter like myself ;>D! I am sharing the preps for both my granddaughter and myself because *sweet granddaughter is extremely busy this summer and is finding it tough to post to her own blog! SOOOOOOOOOO HERE YOU GO the pictures of the fabrics and some of the preps...just some of them!
The "Strata" by Granddaughter (she loves brights and batiks) thanks Coach Laurie ;>)! This is for class #1. The instructions direct us to have one fabric that "pops", in this one it is the white with music notes on it (not a surprise, knowing how she loves her music)... she actually is taking a black with music notes for her "mystery garden" class!
Packaging up the "mystery garden" fabrics, don't you love the smile? This will be for class #2.
Granddaughter sorting thru stash for more of the "mystery" fabrics! A shared stash, we have twice the chance to have the right fabrics *or not*!! What you see sewn together is the beginning of the "mystery garden" this is as much as we know about it ~ it is a mystery because beyond this it is bright all the way for everyone in the class!
This is where we are going, and oh what fun we will have....love it, love it!
Someone is already filling her tote for the classes, this would be the organized one of the two of us ;>)!!
My "Strata" as you see I am a bit more conservative...actually I love Civil War fabrics and *sweet granddaughter* encouraged me to go with what I love and to stay in my comfort zone! My fabric for the "pop" is the blue (selected for me by *sweet granddaughter, I like that in there!
Stepping totally out of my comfort zone is my fabric sets sewn and ready for the "mystery garden" class......yikes where am I going with these fabrics :-/ ??
So there you have a glimpse at what we will be doing the end of this week...more traveling for me and more fun when I get there!!
5 comments:
The excitement here is palpable, I HOPE someday to share experiences like this with one of mine; you're one lucky lady! Enjoy every minute, cant wait far a full report.
What fun! I hope my GD continues her interest in quilting so that we can have these kinds of experiences. Have a great time in Hershey!
OH MAN...I am sooooooooooo excited to see what the 2 of you create in your classes. DGD sure has great taste in fabrics! ;o) I will miss you guys!
hly
laurie
I hope you have fun and can't wait to see what you bring back...
This looks great! Can't wait to see more. I like both stratas!
Post a Comment