Monday, December 7, 2009

makes me smile...

I am not sure what "makes me smile" more (?) the anticipated school delay/cancellation because of a weather prediction OR the test run of the automated call system that the school has put into place. Either one, the system works, proven by the test phone call a few minutes ago, now I am hoping there is a reason to hear an early morning call on Wednesday!

The weatherman is predicting snow, sleet and freezing rain moving into PA on Tuesday evening into Wednesday...I could use another day off ~ tis the time for projects and gift wrapping!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

we have a storm coming too! snow and wind! hunker down!
HLY
Laurie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love a snow day! When I was a secretary at a high school before we were married, I was the one who had to go to the school anyway on a snow day so that the phones could be answered. But I was single and living at home, so I didn't have the Christmas responsibilities everyone else had. I just took a good book or some stitching.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

It's headed your way!! Started here in the high country of NC about 3 hours ago!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Susan said...

There are a bunch of kids hoping for a snow day here tomorrow too! I hope you get your day off!

Rose said...

I don't even have kids in school, but still get that feeling of anticipation when we get real snows! I guess it is one thing I will never outgrow.