Saturday, January 2, 2010

busyness...

Having this time during the holidays away from the office was in my mind going to be put to good use...and in someways it worked for me! In someways "not so much"...but I am still at it, and will return to the office on Monday! As a working person it always feels like *time off* translates into *get lots done* again "not so much"! Thinking that I can *do it all* has not really worked this year, because things just are not always what we had hoped for and other things get in our way!

Now there will be NO RESOLUTIONS made this year by me...I just hope to "Simplify" as you my blog readers have heard me say, and I hope to keep my focus where it should be. God has been so good to me, and I tend to take so much for granted...and sometimes I need a true wakeup call to get me back on track...well I am here to tell you ~ I am back on track! God willing I will do a better job of it this year 2010, 'and for me it will be Two Thousand and Ten', not going with Twenty-Ten (I heard that question asked on the news last night) my preference is what it is '2010'!!

Some pictures of what is happening today for me... I have a ♥love♥ of 'old' sewing machine cabinet drawers, there is a lot that can be done with these old drawers, I am thankful that hubby is very handy with wood creations/aka repurposing wood. These were found tossed aside at an estate sale a few years ago, for a dollar the auctioner said they were mine, and now they have come out of hiding to be made into something else ~~ still a drawer but repurposed (is that a word)...

(a divider added to the drawer, I am sick of all the mail, medication bottles, scrap paper and pens and pencils all over my kitchen table...the start is happening--this drawer is cleaned to hold these before mentioned items...keep watching for my organization in the kitchen)

(the drawers can become this as from a few years ago, there was a second set of drawers as a gift to granddaughter a year ago, also in 'her' at home sewing area)

(perfect for storing those small sewing items that wander around in our sewing space and become misplaced)

(this is a digital photo frame, gifted to me last year by family...but needing to be loaded with more pictures)

(looking closely you can see it is able to store in its memory 2000 pictures... plenty more room for me to get busy...that will be what will be worked on this weekend maybe not all 2000 pictures ☺)

My week has been busy, my house looks slightly better, I have thrown away carefully sorted things that I have not looked at for sometime...it is the time, I need to do it!!

Happy weekend to each of you ~ Gods Blessings be yours!

5 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Here's to simplifying! I always love the start of a new year - things so fresh and I'm always energized to get things done. I too hope that this year I can simplify life. Those drawers are great! What an awesome idea to put dividers in them. I'm attempting to keep my kitchen table clear too. :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Barb: Can you believe this - I have a few of these drawers myself! Since my folks collected antiques, Mom bought these; and Dad refinished them. I keep my embroidery floss in small plastic bags, and they fit perfectly in these drawers. We have so much in common!

I hope you have a wonderful 2010. I appreciate your friendship so much.

Rose said...

I like those drawers!

And amen to simplifying...though it is much easier said than done.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

hehe I keep saying simplify, but I just don't understand that word. LOL. Though I went shopping yesterday and bought nothing. Not that I didn't see anything, but I do NOT need anything more. I am so proud of myself.

I always see those drawers and think what could I do with them. Well... for those who don't have stuff like me I saw someone take the drawer fronts off and glue them to their back splash and make it look like an apothecary. Not for me as I have lots of stuff to store er um hide!!!!

Mary

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Barb, I've been trying very unsuccessfully to email you back after you left a comment on my blog. My internet is really slow right now and for the life of me, I've been trying to send it for about a half hour now. So I thought I would just paste the email in your comments section. And that seems to be working! :)


Hi Barb! You were right, we were in PA for the holiday. Oh I had such a good time! Beautiful weather when we drove down (Christmas Eve) but our return trip was horrendous! We saw 12 cars off the road/in accidents in a one mile stretch. It was on Interstate 90 - which they ended up shutting down later. The weather was so bad that in our entire trip we saw 27 cars off the road or in accidents (counting the 12). The slow going tacked an extra three hours onto our trip. It was nuts! We were rearended at the border crossing while we waited in line for our passports to get checked. Thankfully just a teeny tiny dent. And the Lord spared us from a driver who wasn't paying attention and almost hit us. It made me cry it was so close! It was a treatorous drive but we had a lot of people praying us through. Thank goodness! God is faithfull! So how are things with you? How were the holidays at your house? Did you have any time to do any sewing? Hope you have a great day tomorrow! Talk to you soon! -Mandi