Thursday, July 1, 2010

true fear...


Nope I am not afraid of Macaulay Culkin the star of the "Home Alone" movie. What then would cause me to have this same look on my face? Well the look is how I feel about seeing another *snake* near my door, or anywhere near my house. It has become a regular event each and every summer, that a *snake* makes itself noticed when I arrive at my door at the end of a hard day at work! I truly am terrified of *snakes*, I try hard to NOT BE AFRAID...but I am more then "afraid", I become so upset that I actually tremble, I feel sick to my stomach, and I want there to never be another *snake* near my house!

My hubby truly is MY HERO, he hears the panic in my voice, he reacts quickly to getting rid of the snake or sometimes more then one, and he attempts to assure me, he has taken care of getting rid of the *snake*! After the fact I always feel that I NEED to get my fear under control, but it always grabs me and turns me into a whimp, when the next *snake* event happens! I am really thinking I should move to the city, and live in a highrise apartment, or maybe not! But afraid is what I am, and my fear is a burden to me and to my hubby! Any suggestions as to how to deal with my fear or how to truly be rid of the snakes?

3 comments:

Pokey said...

I'm afraid I would be there petrified with you, and that is a natural, God given fear (Genesis!). The thing to remember is to pray, and wear good boots!!
:-} pokey

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Barb, I would end up being a houseplant rather than risk running into one of these buggers. My heart goes out to you, friend!

Rose said...

I don't know if there is anything to be done when one has that fear...my MIL had it...it is not something that can be helped. Don't feel guilty that you feel that way...