Monday, October 11, 2010

a day off meant an enjoyable day...

What does a Grandma say when her BQB calls to ask if it is possible to get together to sew? For sure this Grandma is going to say *yes*, unless there is an extreme reason that a *no* would need to be said! Fortunately for me...today being a school holiday for both of us (thanks to it being Columbus Day), it allowed for it to be a *YES*! Oh and by the way I have coined my own version of BFF...it is BQB (Best Quilting Buddy), it fits for my Granddaughter Mickey, we had fun for just a few hours but still fun with creativity added! A glimpse of what we worked on follows ~~~~

(bags need to be made, she is filling orders with different styles, she creates each one a bit different to make them unique for her customers)

(when only a small shoulder bag (purse) is needed, one style looks like this)

(all bags are different, and depends on the individual tastes, this is for an art teacher ~ that lining is very bright a good choice for sure, black print seems popular with most for the outside of the bag)

(no adventure in color for me...my choice of colors is very basic)

(this is what is coming from my pattern, there was a plan when it started, but now maybe not ☺ variety may not be best)

The pattern that I am using is by Lori Smith of www.frommyhearttoyourhands.com and has 9 patterns for small quilts in one envelope using FQs...I have stashed quite a few Jo Morton FQs and am attempting to put them to good use!

Enjoy your week ~ God is Good!

4 comments:

Mickey said...

I had a lot of fun today! It was nice to be able to sew together again! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another day.

Love ya, Mickey ☺

Laurie said...

OH...what a fun post! I'm so happy you 2 were able to sew!
HLY
Laurie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I LOVE this post, it makes my heart smile. Hopefully Lucy Ann and Nana will have similar "dates" in the future.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Barb, I'm with you on the color and fabric choices although I do have to admit that Mickey's choices are definitely fun! More and more I'm getting tempted to get out of the box and try some brights and fun fabrics. Mickey is inspiring with this post, but you are more my speed; and I think that's why I love it when you have a post.