Friday, November 26, 2010

happiness can be simple...

I have wanted to display my colorful mugs for sometime! My original mug holder was just not very secure, I was constantly concerned that the accordian style rack would collapse under the weight of the mugs. Suddenly I had this thought what about my wooden Coca-Cola carrier. It is old, it is *prim* it is in mint condition. I explained to my hubby my thought about using the wooden carrier as a cup caddy, BUT not destroying the fact that it is in very good condition. Look what he did for me...and the insert is totally removable IF I decide to change my mind again ☺!! In a week or so I will swap out the colorful mugs for my Christmas mugs...how cool is this displayed on my wall above my stove?

(carrier in original condition)

(carrier with wooden insert, created by hubby)

(mounted about my stove, with mugs in place ♥)


Please enjoy your weekend...I am very thankful for the extra couple of days away from the office, we return to school next Wednesday...I will fill my time with many projects (hopefully)!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving (belated) to you and yours!

Susan said...

What a great idea! I have two wooden soda crates in my attic (Pepsi and 7-up). I think I'll dig them out and put my hubby to work on a mug shelf!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love this, Barb.

I snatched up a Coke case at a yard sale. It's not in very good condition; but I knew if I didn't buy it, I would regret it. I wouldn't want to put my coffee mug in it, but it's waiting for just the right project.

Enjoy the time off! I'll be thinking of you.

Cheryl said...

I love this idea ! I have a coke a cola crete in my shed , it is very old though so not sure I want to cut it up, but not sure what to do with it either.

Rose said...

Oh, great idea..