As I snapped this picture, I heard a loud crack from the wooded area in back of my house, I could not see what the ice brought down, but it sounded rather loud and the sound of a thud to the ground followed. Please everyone stay safe, stay indoors if you can!
(this tree is normally tall and stately, not weighed down as it is today)
(by my back step)
(in my front yard)
Seems like a good choice today will be sewing a few more "pinwheels" as I do my laundry!
3 comments:
Today is our last "built in" snow day here. Any snow days after today are tacked on to the end of the year. And have you heard the news? There's another storm coming for next Tuesday!
Barb,
We were missed but all 4 of my kids were involved in the storms. 2 in Chicago and 2 in KC. Dan was on 72 hours straight at the fire dept. and I pleaded with everyone on facebook to STAY HOME so that our emergency responders could stay safe! I hope they listened!
HLY
Laurie
I remember an ice storm when I still lived with Mom and Dad. The limbs breaking off the trees and hitting the streets sounded like gunfire.
Hope you got lot of sewing done!
Post a Comment