Thursday, February 17, 2011

ughhhhh...

No pictures, nothing perky...just telling it like it is! The dreaded whatever has taken hold, and I have been feeling miserable for 10 long days! I honestly can say I have not felt this drained and exhausted for some years. I think the severe and painful coughing is probably the worst lingering effect of it all. But whatever has invaded our area, our schools and most any gathering of people has attached to me. I drag myself to the office, I drag myself home, and I am pretty much ready for sleep. I am not alone, there are many of us sharing the same complaints. If misery loves company, then there is a whole lot of love around this area! The folks that have had it, have been so kind as to say "just so you know it will last two weeks", OK I am convinced and my two weeks will soon be up!

STAY WELL FOLKS, THIS IS NOT FUN!

7 comments:

Anya said...

Feel better soon!

Susan said...

It's the same story here...all four granddaughters have strep throat and of the four, two have pneumonia besides. It's been a rough winter for illness! FEEL BETTER SOON!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh Barb, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that you will be in my prayers. Perhaps you can do some special things to recharge? Maybe light a candle and have a nice cup of tea or curl up in bed with a good book or just take some time to have a warm bath and head to bed early. I'll be lifting you up in prayer. Isaiah 40:31

Pokey said...

I'm praying for you. Not good, mine is in week three, 10 different RX, and my Dr. says a month. Sorry. Sniff, cough, sniff.

Laurie said...

oh no...this is not good to hear...take care of yourself!
HLY
Laurie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You have it bad! I hope you are feeling better. And I hope Len stays healthy!

Rose said...

Oh, Barb, you sound like you feel awful. I hope by now that you are feeling lots better. The cold winter is bad enough, without being sick on top of it.