Mickey as she appeared in the high school spring musical! I have titled this blog entry as I did because the dress Mickey is wearing for her performance in this scene, is the dress I made for my daughter (Mickey's mom) to wear to her senior prom approx. 25 years ago. The dress is exactly as it looked and fit at that time. Mickey is able to wear the dress perfectly. Isn't it amazing how sometimes it pays to save those original dresses ;>)!!
The "followed by new" part of this post is a new prom gown is being designed and made, but this time for Mickey! About the only part we are sure of ~~ it will be purple in color ~~ and we must start it very soon, the prom is early May! The style is not at all like the one made some years ago for Mickey's mom...and Mickey is liking so many different things in a gown, that it should be very interesting to design and sew! Wish *US* luck...maybe the title of my blog should be *WE* Quilt and *WE* Sew...because *WE* will be gown sewing very soon! I will try to find time to show stages of the gown in process as we work on it!
3 comments:
Barb, I'm sure the new prom gown will be as beautiful as the one wearing it.
WOW!!! First of all, Mickey is quite the beautiful, young woman! And the dress...well, the fact that you kept it say it all! Great pic! Good luck with the newo ne and I hope to see pics soon!
HLY
Laurie
She looks as if it were made for her...I will be waiting to see the new gown. I am really curious.
Post a Comment