Thursday, September 6, 2007

self-made (??)

For some time now I have been thinking about the words *self-made* ~ I DON'T LIKE THESE WORDS!! Why don't I like these words (?)...IMHO things happen for a reason...not because we have declared that we are *SELF-made*....!!

As a Christian I truly believe God allows the opportunities for *us* to better ourselves, to become what HE intends for us to be! To use the *good* or the *bad* in our lives to grow stronger and to be an example as we "walk the walk" with Jesus!

As a child I grew up in a very poor home (not my imagination *we were poor*)!! I came from a broken home (not at all common for my generation) it was very awkward as a child for me to admit my family was a broken family! In the fifth grade I changed school 5 times in one school year, I HAD NO FRIENDS, because you can't make friends when everyone had claimed the friends for the year! *I know the importance of being a good friend* ~ I hope I am!

GOD ALLOWED THIS LESSON FOR ME ~ I now have total compassion for the children in my school that are from broken homes, and move numerous times in a school year...MY HEART HURTS FOR THEM...I give them an extra smile and TLC when they come to the office confused and sad! All kids are great they deal with the *real world* too (some just deal better then others)!

In my late 30s I faced the dreaded *C* word, I didn't want to die and leave my children in their teen years, I didn't want to die and leave my husband to raise the children alone...but the doctors told me it would be 6 months! GOD ALLOWED THAT THE DOCTORS WERE WRONG!

GOD ALLOWED THIS LESSON FOR ME ~ I praise God that he allowed me to face Cancer, and too learn to totally trust HIM to have a *reason* for each event in my life!

Does this all sound to perfect, does this sound like I am not living in reality (?) I hope not! Reality is *things happen* ~ trust in God is what we need to have to deal with *things*....SELF-MADE is just not where I am at, IT IS NOT FOR ME!!

GOD GETS THE CREDIT, I am where I am because HE allowed it and HE has a purpose for everything that is in my life! Even when the human side of me questions *why* ~ God understands!

No comments: