Tuesday, November 18, 2008

surprise...

Oh how I dislike going to the grocery store, especially when I leave the office for the day!!! But a person needs to have food, RIGHT (?)...well at best I do want to put food on the table at meal time for my hubby ;-D!

So I make what I plan to be a quick stop for a *few* things, *yeah right* (!), turns out to be a cart full of groceries! While in the store I happened to glance out of the huge plate glass windows and see a total white-out!! OH NO ~ I am terrifed of driving in the snow (just ask my family), so I am thinking I will need to call my hubby to rescue me...oh drats why did I need anything at the grocery store today? OK making a plan in my mind ~ *finish shopping, call hubby, wait in my car*...none of which needed to happen ~~ look what really remained of the white-out ;>)!!

(a light covering on the Ivy)


(a dusting clinging to trees)


How silly that I could be afraid of *s*n*o*w*, when it is nothing more then a dusting...it is pretty and I love to LOOK at it!

(p.s. I drove myself home and had NO PROBLEM at all, the roads were only wet, silly me)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

LOL you crack me up barb! i don't blame you for being scared in a whiteout...i would not drive in that either! glad you made it home safe and sound!
hly
laurie

Anonymous said...

What a pleasant surprise to find your "white out" was just a few scattered flakes! There's probably a terrific analogy somewhere in that story!!!

Karen said...

I can sooo identify with you not driving in the snow (flipped our pick-up). Isn't it funny how a few flakes send our minds a spinning?