Some time ago I was part of a
*Crazy Patch Swap*, it was fun and I enjoyed taking part in the swap! Now pulling this project from my many plastic drawers of UFOs ☺, I see there is a problem and yes I did forget the problem in the
months years since the blocks were tucked away in the drawer. What is the problem you ask? The problem is...9 blocks are a perfect 12.5 inches square (the requested size), and 7 of the blocks are whatever size the block makers came up with...some off by 1.5 inches and a few are not square at all, but a bit oblong!
(on my design wall the perfect blocks)

(another look on the design wall)

(a scattered look of the 7 that are not the requested size)

I do love all of the blocks, I have planned to use my sewing machine to do the typical fancy stitches that are normally on a *Crazy Patch Quilt*! My
thought question is, do I use the nine blocks that are the right size...and make it a nice wallquilt or do I cut all of the blocks to a predetermined size and try to create a small/lap quilt? Oh what to do...this is why following directions in a block swap is so important, and sometimes the slightest difference in a few blocks can make a HUGE difference in the finished project! I will welcome suggestions from my blogger friends as I ponder the best plan for actually completing this project!
...............
p.s. I see my granddaughter
Mickey has posted a few newly completed projects on her blog...if you have a minute you may wish to take a look!
4 comments:
Since they are crazy blocks, can you trim them easily to fit? I agree it is frustrating when swappers don't measure! Let us know what you decide; it'll be a fun quilt whatever size you decide to go with.
How about using the 9 perfect blocks as the center of the quilt, then cut the other blocks into enough 'slices,' as a sort of border. I hope you get what I mean...I think it would work...
Barb I wish I could help, BUT I have no idea how to help. I LOVE the randomness of them though. I am to anal ummmm OCD to beable to put blocks together like that. LOL.
Mary
i would trim them all and make a small lap quilt...it's a crazy block so it works!
hly
laurie
Post a Comment