My interest in quilting began early in the 80s, this followed years of garment sewing, which I began in high school for my own wardrobe! After becoming a bride I did years of garment sewing to add income to "our" somewhat strained budget. I enjoyed my sewing, I found it relaxing as well as adding to our income. However it became a chore when some of the customers became demanding and expecting overnight results. I changed my sewing style to piecing quilts and quilting! I had a love of small quilts and Amish colors...I combined the love to make and sell small quilts!
(the beginning of my love of quilting)



(my quilting stitch more easily seen on the back)

I think I will go back to making small quilts in Amish colors...I do love them, and I do enjoy the end result! But wait I also enjoy, Repros, Civil Wars, and Traditionals, so maybe what I need to do is go back to sewing and quilting for the love of it all!
Have a great week, it is a bit cold in PA today!
5 comments:
Do what you do for the love of it. How well I remember small pieces like that from my quilting past too; thanks for the memory jog!
Barb: I gave up garment sewing about 10 years ago. I only sewed for the girls and me and once in a while did a hem or seam repair for someone else. There is such a lack of quality fabrics around here (except for the quilt fabrics). I still wish for the days when there were fabric departments in every nice department store. I would probably sew clothes again if I could find good fabric!
Oh my word such perfect stitching!
I need to start with some small quilts I think. The restults come much quicker.
Mary
I really need to settle down and sew, also. I have all the time in the world to get stuff done yet I cannot seem to put my mind to it.
thanks for shasring these barb!
hly
laurie
Post a Comment