Friday, June 18, 2010

a day to smile...

This is truly "a day to smile", a much needed haircut, good reports from my annual doctor visits, and my favorite quilting buddy came to work on a quilt! All around a GOOD DAY at my house in PA!
(the hands of my quilting buddy ~ she is a very talented young lady)

(the project in the making ~ a quilt for her mom)

(the project I worked on ready for quilting)

I am sure you have guessed why the smiles ~ just in case you didn't, my favorite quilting buddy is my granddaughter Mickey, she made great progress on the double bed quilt which is a gift for her mom! My project is a *Quilt for Kids* sponsored by Downey, ready to quilt! The smiles for the haircut and the good doctor reports pretty much explain themselves ~ GOD IS GOOD!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, try to stay cool, the heat and humidity are on in PA!

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

God is so GOOD, I can feel your joy. Congrats on your great check up. Mickey's quilt is gorgeous and your Downey quilt is so bright and happy sure to be loved. Well done!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm sure the two of you had a ball yesterday. The quilts look great!

My email is acting up, and I need to place a phone call today to get it up and running again. I'll write then.

Glad your dr. reports are good. I'm still praying for Len!

Rose said...

God is Good! I am happy for your good reports...and glad you got to spend a day with your best quilting buddy! I can't wait to see her finished product....and your quilt is so cute.

Laurie said...

WOOHOO!!! Love the quilts! But even more so LOVE that you had time with Mickey!
HLY
Laurie