Wednesday, June 16, 2010

vacation or work-cation...


Why this picture? This week is what my employer commonly considers taking a vacation week... "use it or lose it" I was told! So I am going to use it for some much needed cleaning of the house and adding in a few of those annual doctor appointments! This picture shows a *prim bowl* and I have dusted it out and added a few cookie cutters and wooden spoons for deco, I like it on my corner cupboard!

I don't have a problem with the fact that it should be a vacation and I am choosing to use it as a "work-cation", but I do have a problem with the attitude that was presented with the "use it or lose it"!! How about a "thank you" for going the extra mile or how about "we will pay you for the days that you have given us out of loyalty" and continued to work without missing days at the office? Nope didn't happen, so I am using the days for a good purpose here in the house...it needs it!

I am wishing for each of you to = HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

5 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

My sister has those weeks too where she works. No workie no pay!!!! How frustrating.

Really great pic of your bowl and cookie cutters!

Mary

Susan said...

I love the bowlful of cookie cutters! It's going to be a work-cation summer here too, but I'm finding lots of treasures like that as I'm sorting through my husband's aunt's belongings.

Rose said...

At least they warned you, instead of letting you use it. Where my husband worked before, he could carry 240 hours of vacation, but after that it had to be used.

Rose said...

PS--But I do understand not liking the attitude...you would think they would be happy with a loyal employee...some take off a day soon as they have earned it. Same with sick leave...

Laurie said...

please take some time for YOU too...maybe make a table runner or something small!!!
HLY
Laurie