
When thinking about fall comes thoughts of *apples* which reminds me of apple pies, apple butter and apple cider!
It days past I would make *huge* apple pies....actually I would make my apple pies in a rectangle cake pan, because my DH and our family loved the fall tradition of *apple pie* so much!! I would peel so many apples that they would pile high above the top of the pan...in the homemade pie crust....and YEP it would need to be double crust pie...not the type with the easy step of *crumbs* for the topping! So it was important to double the pie crust recipe because *a skimpy thin pie crust* would not work nor filling a rectangle cake pan with a single recipe be enough.
Now if you notice the above paragraph refers to "days past"...because of working the hours I work, and the traveling we do because we enjoy being entertained by our wonderful grandkids and their talents, I no longer make *huge* apple pies, I actually have not made an apple pie of any size for years! OK now the pressure is on, because I have been asked to make apple pies for a special event in our hometown this weekend........and of course I said *oh sure ~ no problem*....WHERE THE HECK IS MY HEAD & WHAT WAS I THINKING with the "oh sure" statement!
OK searching my brain...for my recipe of the past for my pie crust...because the person when asking also reminded me of what they considered to be a "delicious pie crust" made by me.......OH MAN...pressure and more pressure.....thinking hard and hoping I can put it together once again!
Have a great fall day....and hope for me that I can *remember* how in "years past" I made that pie crust!!!
1 comment:
GO BARB GO BARB GO BARB!!! You can do it! you have such a huge heart...that's why you can't say no!!!
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment