Tuesday, October 2, 2007

the beauty of fall...

This is a sample of PA in the fall, unfortunately it is not a picture taken by me, but it is a touch of what I see each and everyday from my house! I live in the country surrounded by farms owned by the Amish and acres of trees and open fields!

Fall is truly a beautiful time of the year, and I love it! I love the coolness, the changing leaves, and the crunch of the leaves as my hubby and I take an infrequent walk! Thinking about, high school football games, marching band competitions, and music concerts! The smell of hot chocolate with melting marshmallows, the lighting of that first fire in the fireplace (just for effect) as we enjoy that hot chocolate ;>) !!

Soon it will be much colder, and then I will love another happening called *S*N*OW*....it means winter and slippery roads when I need to travel to and from work, but I still love the *white snowflakes* that shimmer in the headlights and bring *quietness* to the earth! Have you walked in the fresh fallen in the evening *S*N*O*W* and noticed the *quietness* (?) it is beautiful and helps to clear your mind of the everyday frustrations! Have you felt the *snowflakes* fall gently on your face and shoulders and wondered about the gentleness that God has allowed? It makes all of life seem peaceful and gentle! Oh the 'wonderment' of God's creations!

May you have wonderful and peaceful thoughts as you look at my picture of the *beauty of fall* and anticipate the gentleness of the coming snows!

3 comments:

Rose said...

I love that picture! And this post. I love fall, and I too love the quietness that snow brings. It is like a hush coming over the world we live in.

Laurie said...

what a GORGEOUS picture! fall is my favorite time of year and winter is probably second (at least winters in MN). God's beauty!
HLY
Laurie

gramj56 said...

I love each season for what God gives us during that time, (that will preach, as my husband says), but I am partial to autumn. When my husband and I were dating, our favorite place was Westley Forest, where we would climb out to Chimney Rock and admire the cushion of colors that God provided over the treetops. Neat blog site, Barb... Jamie