
I heard the sweetest tradition today, and thought it would be fun to share with my blog readers!
A friend camps yearly at a campsite where the children are given *pumpkin seeds* to plant when they arrive at the campsite for a fall campout! The children are encouraged to plant their seeds in a field that is tilled and ready for planting. During the night employees of the campsite quietly go into the field and fill the field with pumpkins as you see in the picture ;>)....!! In the morning after breakfast the children ride on a farm wagon to the field, ONLY TO DISCOVER that *overnight* their seeds have become pumpkins! The children are allowed to hurry thru the pumpkins to select one for themselves. It is their pumpkin, they can carve it, decorate it or just enjoy having the pumpkin that mysteriously grew OVERNIGHT!
I love this story, and the beautiful pumpkins that grow as a result of the children planting the seeds! When we believe ~ anything is possible!
3 comments:
What a wonderful thing to do for kids!
how FUN is that!!! I just LOVE this story! thanks for sharing barb!
hly
laurie
How cute! I wish things happened that quickly sometimes. :-)
Post a Comment