Wednesday, October 31, 2007
they performed and they won...
I am just a bit bias when it comes to the Saxophone players in this picture!! One belongs to our family, two are very special friends of our family.....so *Saxophones* in our high school band are very special! Trying to capture pictures of a marching Saxophone player during a competition is just not easy.....so if you look closely...the one marching near the front of the picture, near the 40 yard line nearest the "auxillary" and the "drum" is our *sweet grandaughter* isn't she just the best (??)...for us she is very special with the other 3 grandkids...love all four a whole bunch!!
Another picture of that Saxophone player, she really marches in very good form, she aims to please the director! *IF* SHE IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING ~ SHE DOES IT VERY WELL!! No question about it, she does it 100% to the best of her ability, and this applies to everything she does!! Luv you Mickey!!
Now about the competition....WE WON, WE WON, WE WON...first place, best drum major and also best auxillary! The highlight of the winning is that we WON FIRST PLACE competing with a band that has always WON FIRST PLACE when competing with us...OH THE SWEET FEELING OF VICTORY!!
I am somewhat reluctant to *toot our horn* (trying to be humble) but I am *tooting our horn* (no pun intended) because our band kids have worked so hard to get where they are, and to have this victory...for this I say CONGRATULATIONS to the High School Marching Band...you deserve the win!!
To those of you reading this blog post....I do apologize for the darkness of the pictures, the stadium lights do not do justice to the pictures!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOOHOO!!! WTG band! That is great news Barb! I know how much your dgk's mean to and their music as well! DGD sure is working on perfection! I think the pics are super since that lighting is not the best to work with!
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment