I really like these fabrics.......oh yeah and the *Featherweight* that is sharing the spotlight! First about the *Featherweight*, quilters have this craving to own a *Featherweight*, it must be something in the brain. My boss has this Sunday morning habit of doing ALL FLEA MARKETS in a 5 county radius, and he found this *Featherweight* and called me at 6 a.m., to tell me of this ALL TIME GREAT DEAL and would I want him to pick it up for me?? So what do you say at 6 a.m. on a Sunday (the one day you get an extra hour of sleep) when the boss calls with an "all time great deal" (??)...you say "if it looks good, if it sews, and all the parts are there, BUY IT!! Well he did, the price was awesome, but the *Featherweight* was needing some TLC...BUT EVERYTHING WAS THERE in that beautiful and traditional black case!!
My *hubby* very much enjoys the challenge of making it work and making it look BEAUTIFUL (just ask any member of our family) we all have the end results of things that he has put his talents too (luv ya honey)!! I REALLY LIKE WHAT HE DID WITH THE *FEATHERWEIGHT*!! He cleaned the machine, he cleaned the case, he demonstrated for me HOW WELL IT SEWS (and it does sew very well), but does not do the fancy things that my Janome can do! FEATHERWEIGHTS are just in the brain of a quilter!!
Don't you just love these fabrics?? These are but a tiny little bit of my fabrics....I just love the look and colors of the "Repros and the Civil War" fabrics...and yep I finally found out what is referred to as "poison green"!! I have wondered about this color for months....and with the help of "Google" I found a vendor that offered "poison green", it is a very pretty green, it is the old fashion green, but it is actually just green! I wish I had more then this tiny bundle which includes 4 slivers of the "poison green"....my STASH needs it (just teasing)!! I also wish I had turned the tiny bundle so that you could see the actual greens better in the picture, but you get the idea I am sure, and now I know what "posison green" looks like!

1 comment:
Barb,
It looks likes the dh did a super job on the featherweight! GORGEOUS!!! The fabrics look yummy as well...even if they aren't BRIGHT!!!
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment