Friday, November 9, 2007
the talents of a young sewer...
I have been asked about the age of *sweet grandaughter*...she is a young sewer at 13...but a very talented one! I am showing pictures of 2 of her quilts...made at age 10 & 12..both are winners of *first place and best of show* at the county fair ~two years (not sure what happened with the picture of the third quilt that won best of show ??). Quilt number 1 is called *Stack the Deck* and Quilt number 2 is called *Strips and Curves* ~ lots of fabrics in both of these quilts! I thought you might also like to see pictures of a few of the pillowcases she has created, another avenue of adventure for her, she whips these together in an afternoon! This *sweet grandaughter* is very talented with the sewing machine...not rattled by anything when it comes to creating! I started her sewing at the age of 5 because she was determined to sew. Turns out it was a very good thing to do! Her learning about sewing and quilting includes math, design, and what to do if there is a *whoops*...she has learned so well and has passed me by with her creativity (this makes me proud)! BRIGHT COLORS are her love, and being artistic she is very brave with color combinations! I would be very rude to not include the fact that she is very encouraged by a special quilting buddy *H/LY Laurie*...~~thanks Coach Laurie, AND our family that always tell *her* what a great job she is doing with her projects!
Given the fact that she is a very busy young lady right now (church activities, dance, band, piano, and honor roll grades) has created a few delays in our sewing time, but we will have a chance during the Thanksgiving break from school! Hurry back to sewing *sweet grandaughter* I MISS OUR TIME TOGETHER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very impressive. My oldest Dear GrandDaughter is just 7 1/2. We have done a bit of sewing but are still in the try it out stage. Tomorrow is DG child #3's first birthday. Can't imagine she's one year already.
Thanks for your note on my blog. It is fun to make all these surprises but difficult to show something without giving it all away. But the Christmas gifts and the baby quilt are bound for Europe so will have to go in the mail by around Thanksgiving. So I'm focusing on those right now. Then it will be 'pedal to the metal' to finish up the things for the local folks. I always think about it in July but never get it done. :->
Keep in touch.
Marne
Barb,
*blushing* here! I missed seeing your dgd last year and know she has grown even MORE! Hopefully 2008 will be nicer to us!
HLY
Laurie
WOW! I love both those quilts! (I have yet to catch up on all my blogs)
Post a Comment