Wednesday, November 7, 2007

the misery of *dial-up*...

For years ONLY dial-up computer service has been available in my area, and now the telephone company is making *high-speed* internet available for us country folks! And the beauty of it all, it is affordable!! It did not take much convincing to have *dear hubby* and I decide it is how we will go!!

I talked with the gal at the *internet service* tonight, and I KNOW IT IS THE WAY TO GO!! Actually my family has the same service and they are very pleased! WHAT NO WAITING for connections (??), actually emails will come thru quickly (!!), and it is a matter of the telephone company flipping a switch and we hook up a *box* (??)...having the computer *gurus* in this family surely someone will hook up the *box* for me!!

Another advantage...for the years that I have had my computer I have paid extra for a separate telephone line, just so telephone calls could come in at the same time that the computer was in use ~ NO MORE EXTRA $$ the extra line can go.......OH YES THE WONDERS OF THE MODERN WORLD, phone calls will be able to come in even with the computer turned on!!

The change with my internet service will not happen overnight, but will be before the end of the year.....I want the ALREADY PAID contract to run out with the present *dial-up* service!! I don't feel like I should donate $$ to a service that is not meeting my needs, so CONTRACT YOU NEED TO END SOON!!

YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO don't you just love modern technology??

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Barb,
WOOHOO!!! But didn't you ask to get a credit for what is left on the contract? Gosh, we don't have contracts here for cable/internet etc...that seems WRONG! OH WELL...it is still EXCITING NEWS!
hly
laurie

Rose said...

I would be lost without this modern technology! I could do without tv easier than I could do without this.

I got away from dial-up two or three years ago and absolutely love the faster speed and being able to be on here and talk on the phone at the same time!