AND THE DREAM IS or should it be...
GUESS WHERE we are going? Hubby began talking about traveling to Alaska before we were married (47 years ago), we have never followed his dream, IT IS TIME ~ WE ARE GOING! It will be a big trip for us, normally vacations have been pretty much just long weekends, as a business owner, he has have never allowed himself long trips! EXCITED HE IS, *me* not so much...I am just a person that likes to be home, I have decided that childhood issues must have caused my emotion. Just for my hubby I CAN DO IT (help HIS dream come true) that is !!


Please pray that hubby WILL NOT have any health issues on the trip, and I will not "cry" because of homesickness! GOD IS ALLOWING THIS TRIP, without Him it would not happen some 47 plus years following the expression of desire by hubby "to someday" see Alaska! LOVE YOU HONEY, enjoy the *dream trip*!
3 comments:
Congratulations! I have loved Alaska and 'up there' forever...and don't know if we will ever make it...my brother should be on his way home or else home by now from an Alaskan cruise...it is their first cruise but their third time up there.
You have got to look up the poem
The Spell of the Yukon by Robert W. Service--let your husband read it. It is probably my favorite poem of all time.
I really hope you can enjoy it. I certainly understand being a homebody...even though I would love to go there, I am really wondering how I would deal with being away from home.
Since quitting work in 2005 I just like to stay home for the most part...I will say a prayer for you.
Barb,
You will have fun too!! I will ask God to be with you and keep you safe and happy! ENJOY!!!
HLY
Laurie
I think it sounds like a wonderful trip and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself! If not, at least you can find happiness in helping and sharing with your husband in his dream. And God will be with you. :)
Post a Comment