Sunday, September 13, 2009

love of fabrics...

Please may I share with you a favorite vendor that I always seek out at the Quilt Odyssey Show in Hershey, PA? This summer was *no exception* I found Donna Ruppert of "Piecing the Past"! Donna features my kind of fabric ~ you know the Repros, CWs and Vintage fabrics...oh I love all of the fabrics from Donna, she is just a sweet gal, and no matter how tired she must be, she never appears to be too tired to spend time with her quilters! She does have a website and it is very quaint...and very much Donna!

Donna had a wonderful display of wall quilts, her wall quilts are beautiful and I fell in love with all of them, but knowing my time constraints for projects, and knowing my budget :>D, I held myself to one pattern envelope that will use FQs and has many pattern variations in the instructions, and I selected one FQ bundle with the colors I love! I show you a glimpse of what is on my cutting table...now too hope that I can squeeze the time for making the wall quilt of my desire, one can hope!




Also just to mention, Donna and her husband Brian are involved with the quilt display at the Packwood House Museum in Lewisburg that other bloggers have mentioned on their blogs as having visited! How lucky for Mickey and I that we can have such a special event very close to us!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Isn't she wonderful?? She and her husband came to our guild and brought oooooo so many of their antique quilts to share.

I missed her at the show.. I'll have to watch for them next year.

Hugs!
Nancy

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love the bundle you showed; I am sure you will find a bit of time each day for those great fabrics. Sometimes I wish these designers wouldn't crank out such good stuff; it would help my wallet out!

Rose said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time...I would like to see more of the fabric you chose.