Sunday, January 20, 2008

on a better note...

I am PRAYING that we are now on the *feeling better* list for a long time to come! I am not wanting to be selfish, I really do pray often for others, I know God understands my need for *us* to feel better and to get things back to normal!

The opening title to my blog entry "on a better note" is actually in regards to a wonderful concert we were able to attend last evening! The first picture shows the program that we were handed as we entered the auditorium to hear some amazing music by instrument playing students. These music students are middle school and high school students! The program explains that these music students are the "best of the best" from the area schools (7 middle schools and 6 high schools! The music was indeed excellent!
 

This photo shows *sweet granddaugher* entering the stage with the middle school band students! Yep she plays her Bassoon beautifully as well as being a quilter (I am blessed)!!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

The third picture is of that same *sweet granddaughter* following the concert, proudly showing the pin that each participant receives for taking part in the concert! Now the goal is that year after year if a music student is talented enough to audition into these special music functions (and there are several concerts each year) they will receive a pin for each time they participate, and they add the pin to their clothing each performance! It becomes a ritual ~ probably bragging rights amongst the instrument players to continue year after year adding these medals LOL! Another blessing for OUR family, the two older grandsons had many pins on their chests by the time they graduated from high school!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

HOLY COW...my buddy has GROWN!!! So glad you and DH are feeling better as well! Don't overdo things!
hly
laurie
ps...my applique is needle turn

Rose said...

Wow on the granddaughter--she is beautiful as well as talented!

I too pray that things go better for you two...I was so glad to see your new post. I have been checking two or three times a day, well, probably more except for yesterday and today when DH was using the computer a lot.