For those of you that are not sure why my blog indicates I AM A QUILTER...this is for you :>)! I will share with you two VERY SPECIAL QUILTS that I labored over...these quilts were made as gifts for my two oldest grandsons as Graduation gifts in HONOR of their high school graduation! The quilts are in fact *siggy* quilts and have many signatures of family members (near and far), friends, pastors and teachers! The parents of these two helped greatly in getting the signatures...and also some blocks have expressions of love and good wishes for their ventures into the future! The blocks were distributed without the knowledge of my grandsons months before the final construction of the quilts. I must tell you the messages were WONDERFUL and TOUCHING in response to the distribution of the blocks!
Quilt number one is the quilt for the oldest and first to graduate grandson...it is a *Rail Fence* design, the messages/signatures are on the center strips of the blocks...worked out perfectly for this purpose. The fabric used for this quilt is a music theme because Joe loves music, he is very talented with his musical ability! We are proud to continue to travel to hear Joe in concert at the university.
Quilt number two is the quilt for the second oldest and second to graduate grandson and it is a Star block that uses the *Stack the Deck* pattern but the end result is a Star. For this quilt I used the *piano keys* design for the border and that is also the area for the messages and signatures....again worked perfectly for the purpose of *siggies*! This grandson and his quilt are with a *music and sports* theme. He is talented in music as well as *track and field* and he loves to bike all over the county! Honestly I believe if he could he would travel thru many states...he loves it but I bet he would need the tandem bike because for sure Jamie would want to be riding along :>)! Try as hard as I could one sport was not able to be found in fabric...and that would be a *pole vaulter* which Dan did with the HS team...sorry Dan I really tried for this one too!
It would not be the right thing to do if I did not recognize two others that helped with the graduation quilts...*sweet granddaughter* was a wonderful helper with these quilts...without her I would not have nearly as much fun sewing my quilts. The second person is my LA quilter...Laurie *thank you* for being my quilter with amazing talents but most of all being a *great* friend!

2 comments:
Very Nice! I love the quilting on both of them...did you do the quilting?
those are so cool...and i know the boys love them as they do you as well!
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment