Sunday, October 26, 2008

keeping it simple...

In a previous blog post I had pictures of the local farm market and I mentioned that at this family owned farm market there is a family restaurant that we enjoy, they have home cooked food, and typical of our area type food...you know the mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken, waffles and such!

Typically on Sunday my hubby and I pay a visit to this spot following church and Sunday school. We go for lunch and buy a few fresh market goodies! So today being a beautiful fall day I snapped a few pictures as we chatted with Alan the owner! He so much wants to please his customers, and he quite often asks us "what do we think" and "how about"...we are comfortable chatting with Alan, and his wife is always very friendly and works equally hard at pleasing the customers.

(inside this window is the restaurant)


(unique pumpkins/gourds for sale)


(more pumpkins)


(how about a hayride to the pumpkin patch?)


(the silo, which is also part of the restaurant, how about lunch in the silo?)


Part of the Ard's Market includes a Corn Maze, playground, pumpkin patch, in addition to the fresh produce, baked goods and restaurant and outside patio buffet (all that you can eat). Granted it is not fancy and not everyone enjoys eating at a farm market, but for *hubby* and I it is *our style*!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like a great place!

Rose said...

I love the fall colors, don't you? Love seeing pumpkins everywhere.

Laurie said...

great pics barb!! what a beautiful way for you and len to spend sunday together!
hly
laurie