The *Kelsey's Dream* Festival for 2008 was held on Saturday, it was amazing, attended by many and the *raffle quilt* has a new home, a rather emotional time (handing it off) when it came right down to it! Watching the quilt leave with a new owner, but with the confidence that God has answered "our" prayers and the prayers of the new owner to have the beautiful "Log Cabin in the Woods" quilt be with a recipient that will totally love the quilt!
(stage in waiting)
(banner announcing the location of the quilt and main ticket building)
With the compliments of those wanting to purchase *raffle tickets* came the PROUD MOMENT of *sweet granddaughter* being presented with the "Volunteer of the Year" award...we honestly had no idea this was going to happen! I would love to share pictures of the presentation, but it sure is tough taking pictures when the picture taker is crying! So please know the following pictures of Mickey were taken some time after the actual presentation! What a wonderful surprise and thrill for a quilter that has labored in love on the "Log Cabin in the Woods"! The award recipient is selected by the family of Kelsey and the Foundation!
(a picture of the special award)
(a picture of Mickey with the quilt and the award)
CONGRATULATIONS and LOVE to my granddaughter!
3 comments:
How wonderful! Congratulations to Mickey...you all have every right to be proud!
This is SO VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I wanted to win the quilt! LOL...Mickey totally deserves this award. She put a lot of hours into this and I can only imagine how emotional the day was for everyone involved!!!
thanks for sharing these amazing pics.
hly
laurie
Sort of a bittersweet ending I guess it might be called. I am sure more happy than sad, and how awesome that she won volunteer award. You do have an awesome granddaughter and have every right to be proud.
Post a Comment