Sunday, October 5, 2008

travelin'...

The *raffle quilt* is on the road, "travelin" here and there to promote the sale of tickets. It is doing very well, something about a fourteen year old quilt maker and a good cause just touches the hearts of many! The actual drawing for the winner will be Saturday at the Apple Butter Festival! If you wish to read about the reason for the raffle quilt, you may wish to go to www.kelseysdream.org and you will be able to follow the progress of the festival and the story of Kelsey, she has touched the hearts of many as a result of her untimely passing. Kelsey and Mickey had a special friendship and bond for many reasons!

This weekend the quilt was displayed at a local shop called Country Farm and Home, neat shop and a wonderful staff. Thank you Keith for promoting the quilt raffle and allowing the display!


This is the quilt, I know many of you have followed the progress, but for those that have not...please click and look at it closely.


This is the gal that designed and pieced the quilt, with an extremely busy schedule she made every effort to be available with the showing of the quilt to chat with people. Keep in mind this young gal, takes multiple dance lessons, voice lessons, piano lessons, plays three instruments and practices and performs with the *hs marching band* all of this is weekly. Her grades keep her on the school honor roll, she never stops. Our very own "energizer bunny" :>D!! WHEN she has any free time she is sewing/quilting/designing projects, even if only for a few minutes ;>)!



Are these not the most beautiful roses? I just had to end this blog entry with this picture, these roses were in full bloom where we spent our time this weekend...the beauty of a rose, or a hedge of roses in this case!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, just wanted to let you know that there is no ' on the Kelsey website.. Got a error the first time and took out the ' and it works. Michelle

Barb said...

Thanks Michelle, I will go in and take care of that ~ appreciate the headsup, it might be a typo on my part! Did you find lots of info on the whole Kelsey history?

Barb said...

Found it Michelle and corrected it, thanks so much, I really want the info to get out there ~ of course a typo will mess it up!

Anonymous said...

I read the home page and look at the blanket page... Wish I was more closer in the area and I would have gone to the Fall Fest. I will be looking at the website some more later this evening.

Laurie said...

Barb...OMG...what a great post and to end it with pink roses! My mom's favorite flower! It made me smile!!!
HLY
Laurie

Rose said...

I just went and read the message Kelsey wrote..it is so moving. I will explore the site farther a little later. Just wanted you to know I had read this post...just slow in acting on it.