Friday, December 19, 2008

in the workshop...

A Christmas "tradition" for our family is the making of a *special* gift by my hubby. He makes a gift for each of our children and their families using scraps of wood salvaged from our home that was taken by the state for a road project! I had blogged about this *rite of eminent domain* by our state in a previous (Oct. 24) blog entry. It is/was the home our children grew up in, so it is also a touch of memories for them with the special handmade Christmas gifts!

This sign appears on the door to the workshop! Perhaps you can tell it is a bit tattered because it has been used for quite a few years of Christmas secret workshop projects :>)! It alerts all of us to not enter without first asking, because we surely do not want to spoil the surprise that is possibly happening!

(scraps of wood are beginning to appear under the saw....hmmmmm I wonder what is being created this year?)

(a glimpse of a project under construction, arn't you curious?)


Yes I did have permission to enter the workshop and take these few pictures, but NOPE I can't be persuaded to give up any info ;>D!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

what a great tradition!!! i can hardly wait to see the finished product!
hly
laurie

Anya said...

What a lovely family tradition. I'm sure it makes for a great Christmas season for all of you.

Rose said...

I had forgotten about the tradition...so special. I can't wait to see what he has come up with this year.