Monday, December 15, 2008

just a touch...

I have started a touch of decorating for the Christmas Season, I am just so late with everything that most of what I normally decorate with ~~ well it just will not happen this year. The decorations are obvious and really do not need explanations, I hope to do more but am trying my best to NOT stress over the lack of decorations.

This year I hope to focus on the TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. A few years ago a very bright and loving young grandson made a statement to me that remains in my mind "Christmas is not about a tree" , that was another year that my busy life did not allow much time for decorating, I had made the statement to my youngest grandson "that I was just not sure I would even have a Christmas tree", and his response was as I have quoted. Thank you Cameron, you are a very wise and insightful grandson < I love you very much! You are right "Christmas is not about a tree"...I need to hold that focus!

(greetings from the entry hall in my home)

(stockings are handmade at various stages of additions to our family)

(fun stockings that I made 18 years ago, I had a dream of creating and selling stockings)

(decorations on the kitchen table)

1 comment:

Rose said...

I like what you have done...and your grandson was/is wise beyond his years. Maybe we all need a big sign reminding us of that daily.