Tuesday, October 27, 2009

in my dreams...

Did you ever have one of those moments where you just feel there must be a reason? Well I am about to share with you one of those moments that happens often "in my dreams" ☺ !!
Below is pictured the barn that belongs to my son and his family, they have been and are continuing to do restoration and repairs to this barn...I love this barn, I truly do!
Mickey and I have a vision (in ♥our♥ dreams) *a quilt shop* in a section of this beautiful barn...of course dreams and visions are just not quite the same are they?



So are you wondering where this is going (?)...following are pictures of a beautiful historic building in our town! This building has become quite a topic of debate for the locals...to keep and restore it OR to demolish and build a new modern building on this spot!




And now that you are totally confused and thinking I have totally lost my focus...here is my point of all of this...looking at the pictures...the barn belonging to my son is in the process of being restored beautifully and with true understanding of preserving the beauty and history of the property. The building in our town deserves the same chance, most residents agree! The politicians in our town are not in agreement! For now the building stands empty, and breaking the hearts of many of us!

JUST THINK QUILT SHOP ~ beautiful quilts displayed on the porches, fabrics and quilts inside in all of the many rooms...classrooms available for classes and trunk shows...ahhhhhhh yes "in my dreams"!

3 comments:

Anya said...

I'm afraid many local politicians often see dollar signs more than they understand the need to preserve beautiful things. I hope this lovely building gets a chance to stand for a long time to come...and yes, a quilt shop would be great! Susan and I would be happy to spend our $$ there!

Laurie said...

OH...I LOVE yours and Mickey's idea...that barn is AWESOME!!!
In Phoenix for a much needed vaca for Steve and I! enjoying the warmth and sun!
hly
laurie

Rose said...

I thought quilt museum the minute I saw it! But a shop would be just as good, if not better.