(blue ribbon = first place)
(white ribbon = honorable mention)
I apologize that I don't have more pictures of *other* quilts to share with you, Mickey has those pictures on her camera! The quilts were unbelievable, in design, in technique and perfection. I know that Karen Kay Buckley has entered some pictures on her blog, and you can catch a glimpse of some beauties from her blog. By the way she was one of the teachers that Mickey and I had a class with, she is excellent, very well organized and absolutely an encouragement for any quilter to learn from. If you ever have the chance please do take a class offered by KKB!
Honestly we came home from this show, exhausted, excited, having learned new skills and techniques, brain overload and planning for next year! We have already booked our room for next year, we don't even know what classes will be offered, but we know we want to be part of Quilt Odyssey 2012! The show organizer is Missy Molino, and she is tops...always available and always aware of what is happening with the show. I can't even imagine being the organizer, but she is and she is awesome! This is the 11th year for me at Odyssey and the 7th year for Mickey, we are needing to plan attending the 2012 show around Mickey leaving for college, she has full plans to be at Odyssey and then college, makes me smile at her determination!
5 comments:
Congratulations to Mickey! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Barb, is there anything Mickey can't do?! I am glad you are cheering her on; she's great. Glad you two had a great time!
That is awesome...congratulations to Mickey (and her mentor too)!
I was so in hopes to get down to the show, but just too much going on to be away from home for any length of time. Hopefully next year...
It was great to see the both of you at the show. I'm hoping to go up for the entire weekend next year and take classes.
Talk soon!
WOW!!! Great job Mickey!!! And COLLEGE NEXT SUMMER??? Oh where did the time go???
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment