In my mind there is a difference but a very close likeness with the two. As I have been thinking about my *blog* I realize that I claim to be a quilter and loving it, but yet I have not mentioned *quilting* very often!
In high school (some years ago)I "made" most of my own clothes. It was known that I would construct a skirt or a blouse in one evening and wear it to school the next day! I am not sure how I did that, because NOW I don't think I would be able to, and have NO DESIRE to do that!
After the arrival of my two small children, to add a bit of money to help cover the needs of our budget, I did *custom* sewing for many clients, I had a pretty good business going...and then took the step into "doing weddings" (brides and the attendents)! It was fun, interesting and sometimes a challenge to make it work! Most nights I would be sewing until 2:00 a.m., just because then the children and dear hubby would be sleeping and that was the easiest and quietest time to make progress with the sewing. However knowing that my day would begin at 6:30 a.m. did not allow for much sleep time!
Quilting did seem to just ease its way into my life. In the 1980s a friend from the church offered a quilting class for a group of us at the church, making a *sampler quilt* and I became *hooked* on quilting! That same gal is still quilting and we chat often about "our" projects...(she also works fulltime and has the same time constraints that I do)!
Unfortunately I work fulltime so quilting is not as easy for me to achieve as I would like, but I do manage to turn out a few quilts! I am blessed with a *sweet grandaughter* that has taken to quilting like *a duck takes to water*, she loves it and does very well with it! I am really not very creative (I am a coward with color) but *sweet grandaughter* loves color and loves bright colors so she has very 'carefully' been tugging me "out of my box" and encouraging me to use more color in my fabric choices!
I am looking forward to the time that I can actually make a dent in my stash of fabric and produce *lots* of quilts for all of the special charities that I want to donate to. The charities I would like to support are *Project Linus* and *Hugs and Kisses*, Project Linus has received a few quilts and blankets from *sweet grandaughter* and me, but Hugs and Kisses still need to see the results of our work (in the actual receiving of quilts :-p) and I promise they will be receiving quilts ~ my stash needs to have some serious depletion ;-D!
No comments:
Post a Comment