
Tonight we will be with *our chicks*, adult children and grandchildren that we love very much! It will be an evening of food, homemade ice cream and just plain fun, oh how grateful we are for our family!
I have always told my *adult* children that we will not make them chose which set of parents to spend their holiday time with! Having to make the trip to see *both* sets of parents on every holiday is something hubby and I did, and it was stressful! Happily we have visits with our *adult children and grandchildren* often (never too often), but making them give up their time to travel to our house every time it is the actual holiday is just not something I want them to feel THEY MUST DO!!
I am proud to say these kids of ours ☺ make every effort to include us in their activities and to stay in touch often. Thank you to *son and family* and to *daughter and family* for the constant love you share with us! We love you beyond words, you make us proud!
2 comments:
You and your husband are so thoughtful. My parents are the same way -- they don't care if we come visit exactly on a holiday, as long as we all see each other regularly. What's important is that we get together, even if it's just on an ordinary day. Have an enjoyable time1
I agree about the kids having to try to visit everyone...it is stressful. We have been known to celebrate things days early because of schedules/other family things. Then we can really relax.
Post a Comment