Wednesday, April 8, 2009

spring is near...

Looking at the calendar the words "First Day of Spring" appeared a few weeks ago ~however~ the outside temps have not been very convincing! We have had a few days of warm and sunny, but MORE days of cold, windy, rainy and yes today *snow* flurries! On Sunday it was a beautiful day, and I took advantange of walking in my yard to look for the signs that Spring is really going to arrive and stay with us!

(the run off pipe for our *artesian well*, notice the bits of green grass showing.. soon there will be a small water wheel installed by hubby and youngest grandson to provide interest for the overflow, watch for pictures)

(leaf buds bursting with color on the maple tree, pretty red now and soon to show green)

(looking for our *bluebird couple* to move in soon...we have spotted them gathering bugs in the yard)

Thank you for stopping by, I love having you visit, please say *hi* if you wish!

2 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Beautiful pictures, Barb! Have a most blessed Easter. I appreciate your friendship!

Rose said...

My lilacs are about to be blooming...and I have daffodils and tulips. We went to the woods yesterday and seen some other things.

Oh, my crabapple and dogwood are about to burst into bloom!