Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"ready or not"...

How many of you remember the game of *Hide-n-Seek*, and we would count, wait, and shout out "ready or not here I come"? Those playing the game would run and *hide* and then the person that was "it" needed to *seek* the players that ran to hide! Surely I am not alone with the memory of this childhood game ☺ ?!?

The Spring flowers are playing the game with me, I want to find them and they are not ready, but I am counting and looking!

(my lilacs)

(more lilacs)

(my pansies)

(this is one flower that will come much too soon, but it is also a sign that Spring is with us, and about to become Summer)

All of the above pictures are from my Picasa Album of May, 2008 (flowers at my house)...I am anxious, can you tell?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

OH how I wish I could SMELL those lilacs!!!! I just LOVE that smell! GORGEOUS pics! And yep...a new fireman quilt has to be made...i have the fabric just need to decide what to do with it!

Rose said...

Me, too, Laurie on smelling the lilacs. Mine are coming--just hope that we don't get a late freeze.

And yes, my brother and I talk about how we used to play hide-n-seek after dark when we were kids...in the summertime of course.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

At first I thought you already had lilacs and I was so jealous! ;) Oh how I love them, and the glorious fragrance that takes me straight back to my childhood and my grandmother's front porch, she had a huge lilac hedge along the driveway. I would sit on her porch swing, drink in the sweet smelling lilac breezes; there was no place more wonderful on earth!