Mickey and I have started saving selvages, well actually I am saving the selvages and Mickey is aiding my habit! I am the "follower" ~ but I think it is OK to follow in this case!
(this is my plastic bin of selvage strips, I am getting there)
(these are two if the donation quilt tops that I have ready to go to the Kelsey's Dream Foundation, plenty more fabric where this came from to do even more special quilts)
I figure IF we (Mickey and I) use up enough of our stash with the donation quilts, we can shop at the Quilt Odyssey Show with less guilt about our purchases! That is how it works right, if you use, you can purchase more with less guilt?
4 comments:
My philosophy was to buy as much as I could before Roger retired cause I knew I could not buy as much then...your idea sounds just as good.
That looks like a beautiful quilt top--I want to see more of it!
Be careful with those selvages...they are terribly addictive!
Yes, you're right... that is how it works! I am feeling pressure to collect selvages too... how many have I discarded over the years?!?!!
Oh no, you can't blame me. It all started with Selvage Blog. And I'm certain that Susan has used more linear feet of selvages than I have, so I think she should share some of the blame : )
I'm drooling over your collection of selvages...perhaps you should use them to make matching bags for you and your granddaughter to take to Quilt Odyssey...
Post a Comment