Sorry fellow bloggers and readers, I have not been able to find the time to blog this past week. It has been "a nightmare week", a brief explanation to say *hubby* had Hip Replacement surgery on Monday! At this point we can't say it is going well, but I am guessing and praying it WILL be happy results with total recovery!
The hospital experience was not one I would ever want for anyone, I can't think of anyone I would wish it to happen too! The nursing care was inadequate for the most part, the *special* surgical table had issues and tech support had to be called in twice...and then the table supports were still less than adequate, and needed additional attention that would allow the surgeon to continue the surgery. The room *hubby* was assigned to for recuperation was a storage room, yes partially filled with *things*...and for the most part the nursing staff had no clue of the needs of *hubby*...I expressed my concerns, to anyone that would listen...and I brought him home on Thursday, and now I am providing his nursing care and trying to convince him that "it will all be good in a few more days", and this is a very brief, not much detail of our "nightmare week"!
I AM VERY HAPPY FOR THE WEEKEND!! Thank you for your prayers and concerns, truly we appreciate them!
6 comments:
Barb,
So sorry this experience has been so bad. I am sure there is a silver lining. We wonder why the health care system is so screwed up. Praying for you and hubby that things will turn out gold in the end.
Blessings,
Ronda
Oh my Lord!! No one should have to put with that type of inadequate care. Did they give any type of explanation for this?
Hugs and prayers to you and hubby for a healthy recovery
Barb: I am so sorry your experience has been horrible. This type of surgery is difficult enough without the variables the hospital has thrown in. I hope that this leg of Len's journey will be much better; and if you have a visiting nurse, I pray she will more than make up for what you've both endured.
Hang in there; it will get better.
Oh Barb I am so sorry for your terrible experience. I am praying hard things get easier soon. Unfortunatelt, I to have had terrible experiences with hospitals and staff.
Please post when you can.
Oh Barb, that is just not right. I will keep both of you in my prayers. My oldest sister just had her hip replacement replaced in mid May and she struggled much more this time than last time. It's not an easy surgery.
HLY
Laurie
Oh, Barb, I hate that you guys had such an awful time. I don't know what else to say....if I was there I would help give you a big hug and help you any way I could.
Post a Comment