The story with the skates, the very first time my son used them to skate he fell and when he hit the ice he cut his head....he refused to ever put the skates on again!! A few years later my daughter wore the skates only a few times, BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK YOU SEE...black is not what girls would wear to skate so it was not long until we purchased white skates! I am not sure if you can see that the skates have a *double* blade (about 1/2" (inch) apart on each skate), made for better skating for young children and *maybe* gave a little more safety to new skaters...except IF you ask my son!! This sled is part of my Christmas display on the outside as you approach my front door.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
in the holiday mood...
The first three pictures are taken at 1:00 p.m. today, the ice is just beginning to build up on the trees in the back yard area! Yes the wooded area is part of what I see everyday in back of my house (woods in front and woods in back),but in back belongs to a wonderful neighbor. They told my grandchildren years ago, they may walk in and enjoy the wooded area anytime! They are very nice neighbors! They have a long curved driveway that is perfect for sledding in a safe area, no traffic and permission for my family to go sledding anytime!! The wooded area way out in front of my house is owned by the Amish, also very nice but that is where the hunting happens and that makes me nervous! Please notice the last picture showing an antique sled and please notice the items displayed on the sled :>)!! The little skates and gloves belonged to my son *years ago*!! Well lets just say they are at least 40 years old ;-o!
The story with the skates, the very first time my son used them to skate he fell and when he hit the ice he cut his head....he refused to ever put the skates on again!! A few years later my daughter wore the skates only a few times, BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK YOU SEE...black is not what girls would wear to skate so it was not long until we purchased white skates! I am not sure if you can see that the skates have a *double* blade (about 1/2" (inch) apart on each skate), made for better skating for young children and *maybe* gave a little more safety to new skaters...except IF you ask my son!! This sled is part of my Christmas display on the outside as you approach my front door.
The story with the skates, the very first time my son used them to skate he fell and when he hit the ice he cut his head....he refused to ever put the skates on again!! A few years later my daughter wore the skates only a few times, BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK YOU SEE...black is not what girls would wear to skate so it was not long until we purchased white skates! I am not sure if you can see that the skates have a *double* blade (about 1/2" (inch) apart on each skate), made for better skating for young children and *maybe* gave a little more safety to new skaters...except IF you ask my son!! This sled is part of my Christmas display on the outside as you approach my front door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aren't iced over trees so beautiful to behold! I still did not take pictures today--hoping I have the nerve to get out tomorrow and go.
I like the ice skating story...that is something I have never attempted. And it is something I think I would love!
Barb,
I sure am IMPRESSED with how quickly you have gotten the hang of blogging! Great pics! SCHOOL TOMORROW??? NO??? Sure hope so for you!
HLY
Laruie
Post a Comment