Monday, December 17, 2007

it starts with the ice storm...

This is a picture from Sunday and the ice storm that hit PA, taken around 1:00 p.m., but it continued with snow, sleet and more ice!
 
Before the roads became totally impossible *sweet granddaughter* called to ask if she "can come sew" (OH I LOVE THIS TYPE OF PHONE CALL)! It would be really tough to need to say "no" and most times I don't need to say "no" :>)!! She is very capable without my sitting next to her as she sews, or as she selects and cuts fabrics! So it is a *win~win* no matter what!!
 
Remember the *cottage industry* of a previous post, well *sweet granddaughter* needed to make yet another *book pouch* that she has designed for a friend! Here is a picture of the newest version (design) that she has created! Each one she designs and sews *we* like better then the previous one!! Typical designer/sewer as the product is developed it takes on a better personality and becomes a favorite!! The first batch had just a flipped corner with buttons, this one has the "fuzzy" yarn as its decoration on the flipped up corner!! IT IS SO MUCH FUN to watch her design, create and play with making the *book pouch*! What makes me the proudest Grandma is she is confident enough to do HER OWN THING...*she continues to be my hero*!!
 
WHAT DID I DO WITH MY TIME IN THE SEWING ROOM during the ice storm (?)....well I played with my tub of scraps, they are truly spilling over the sides of the tub, and I need to DO SOMETHING WITH THEM...so I made scrappy blocks! I didn't worry about colors, or what I put together ~ I JUST DID IT!! Some of the pieces were already scraps sewn together, leftovers trimmed from previous projects! So you see scraps can become something!!
 
Posted by Picasa

Even an ice storm can bring something fun :>)...if you have a sewing buddy, better known as *sweet granddaughter*!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Funny, I was hoping to connect with you--just had to check out your post. I think I actually had it open earlier but didn't get to read it. I will have to take a picture of some of my scraps to show you...and funnier still that we are doing the same thing...GMTA!

Be watching for an email from me...

Laurie said...

oh fun barb...i wish i could've joined you!
hly
laurie