This is the reason I was able to achieve some housework that was WAYYYYY overdue! Early this morning I received the call from the school telling me ~ "NO SCHOOL" because of bad weather! This is how my car looked this morning when I would have headed out to the office, covered with sleet and getting worse as the day progressed. I have been hoping for a day like this one...sorry for the folks that MUST head out to work, but I NEEDED TODAY!! The next three pictures show you a bit of what I did with my day...CLEANING and decorating!! Just a bit of laundry made the journey too, but I did not think you needed pictures of my laundry LOL!!
The skate decoration was created by DD, she actually surprised me with this by using *my* skate from when I was a high school gal!! Isn't it clever? I love it and actually thought the skates were LONG gone!!
This shelf is above my front door,my hubby created it for me a few months ago. He recycles wood, if it has any good parts he uses them with his own design. This is an *antique* house shutter with the original paint (after he cleaned the dirt and grim from it). One side is *country blue* and the other side is *country blue and burgundy*, I am not sure what the plan was originally for this shutter (it is the result of one of those *estate sales* that I attend) LOL!! Hubby then used attic floor boards for backing and sides, from the historic house that the state TOOK FROM US for a road project in 1990! He then added *antique* square headed nails for the pegs (the nails I believe are pulled from old boards the result of a barn renovation by my son and his family, they were not useful for the barn project and will probably be used for fireplace kindling)! I 'tell ya' hubby is very creative, give him a suggestion and he can do it!! Decorating the shelf requires my hubby helping by climbing a ladder!
And what would Christmas decoration pictures be without the stockings...here they are all hung in a row just waiting for things to mysteriously appear in them!
Please enjoy just a touch of Christmas decorations at my house! I would guess that more will follow at a later time!! In the meantime I AM THANKFUL FOR THE DAY HOME FROM THE OFFICE!!

4 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us Barb!!
HLY
Laurie
I love the shelf above your door! and the other stuff too, but especially it....and aren't unexpected days off just the best?
Thanks for your comment on my blog. The placemats will be gifts for several family members this year - along with dish towels and dish cloths. Kind of a home-grown event. That's how it goes, sometimes and may just be more fun, this way.
Lovely to have a day off - wonderful for you. And I really like the skate decoration. Aren't you clever?
Enjoy.
Marne
Lovely. Your hubby is indeed talented. And your house looks so warm and welcoming.
Hugs,
Melinda
Post a Comment