I love what *sweet granddaughter* came up with, color wise...she selected *colors* that "look like the person". I am sure she meant their favorite colors, and then using the machine she did the fancy stitching to accent the different shapes in the pillow top!! So we should have two happy aunts and the *other* grandma* should be delighted! The pillow colors are a bit distorted because of the flash, but I am sure you get the idea, red, blue and purples....because they "look like the person"....hmmmmmm I wonder what color I would look like??
Saturday, December 22, 2007
crunch time...
Even the young get caught in the *crunch time* of Christmas preps! At the last minute *sweet granddaughter* needed to make *special* gifts for other relatives...the *other side of the family* get together is today at 2:00 p.m. and she did it!! The first picture is showing what could have really been a mistake! This one was pushed aside and another one started in its place. PILLOWS is what was decided on...pillows that look like *crazy patch* quilts of old!! The idea is to start in the middle with an odd number sided piece and BUILD on that....she started out well but I forgot to tell her she needed to sew around and around that center shape...she could have ended up with a real mess, and no way out!! Looking at the remaining three pictures you can see she figured it out, did it well. She had completed projects at 10:00 a.m. this morning, probably a total of 6 hours on the projects that were started earlier in the week!! For sure it was CRUNCH TIME with these projects!!
I love what *sweet granddaughter* came up with, color wise...she selected *colors* that "look like the person". I am sure she meant their favorite colors, and then using the machine she did the fancy stitching to accent the different shapes in the pillow top!! So we should have two happy aunts and the *other* grandma* should be delighted! The pillow colors are a bit distorted because of the flash, but I am sure you get the idea, red, blue and purples....because they "look like the person"....hmmmmmm I wonder what color I would look like??
I love what *sweet granddaughter* came up with, color wise...she selected *colors* that "look like the person". I am sure she meant their favorite colors, and then using the machine she did the fancy stitching to accent the different shapes in the pillow top!! So we should have two happy aunts and the *other* grandma* should be delighted! The pillow colors are a bit distorted because of the flash, but I am sure you get the idea, red, blue and purples....because they "look like the person"....hmmmmmm I wonder what color I would look like??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Those are really pretty! How old is this granddaughter; I know you have told in past posts but I am too lazy to look it up right now. I would be so proud of that granddaughter! I bet she will always love to sew!
Rose she is 13 years old, and WE have the best time together, and I pray that she will ALWAYS like to sew! I am VERY PROUD of her and the many abilities she has! My DH and I just discussed at lunch *how very blessed* we are with *our* family!
stunning job as ALWAYS!
hly
laurie
Love these Crazy Quilt pillows. Thanks for taking a look at my blog - the crumb blocks are fun - at least at the size I'm doing them. Sandy Bonsib's quilt has been on my *to do* list for quite a while.
Post a Comment