Reading in the dictionary by Webster the definition of a *chore* is "a small or disagreeable task" and reading about the definition of *pleasure* is "gratification; enjoyment" and I do believe that pretty much sums it up for me!
The *chore* of ironing the much needed clothes for the *day jobs* for my hubby and I is very much a "disagreeable task", one that I put off and try to avoid until we are in need of a certain piece of clothing to go with another piece of clothing needed for the day!
Now compare the above type of ironing with the *pleasure* of ironing quilt fabrics or better yet completed quilt blocks, I seem to find the much needed energy and desire to do this and not consider it a "chore"! STRANGE DON'T YOU THINK?
Am I alone in this discovery about ironing, or have others of you had the same thoughts when enjoying the *pleasure* or enduring the *chore*?

1 comment:
I very seldom have to iron a piece of clothing--but boy, I do know the difference! It is pure pleasure to iron fabric or blocks--specially if it is the last block for a quilt!
Post a Comment