Friday, February 1, 2008

relentless at 4:00 p.m....

The weatherman predicted it would stop at 10:00 a.m. but it continues! The freezing rain, the sleet, the mix of snow and rain...my trees are begging for mercy! The coating of ice on the limbs and shrubs is pulling them down, the evergreens are very burdened right now! Just trying to walk is near impossible because of the ice and slush! I have been able to stay very busy inside the house today, projects and chores calling out to me!

Closing the schools today was a very good decision, the plow trucks have been by my house seveal times today, and the roads are still slush covered and slick! Avoiding driving is a good thing, because the slush could pull a car right into the ditch!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurie said...

OH...I hate what ice does to thea trees, but it is so pretty at the same time! Glad you didn't have school...now how bout that FQ quilt from a few posts back? HUH? lol
HLY
Laurie

Rose said...

I know it is hard on trees to have that ice hanging on them but it is sooo gorgeous! (I'm glad you got an unexpected day at home! I used to always get the most done when the day off was unexpected.)