Sunday a *clear and crisp* winter day allowed for a very pleasant walk, it was a bit chilly but still refreshing! This is an area on the edge of our property, it appears that we must have had a visitor of the four legged type!
I have blogged a few times about the *Amish Farms* that are plentiful in my area. As I went for my walk on Sunday, an Amish family (neighbors) passed my driveway in their horse drawn buggy! They waved, I am respecting the wish of the Amish to not be photographed...but they do allow for their horse and buggy to be on a picture! This particular Amish family is about 1 mile from their home, and the horse was in a steady trot...there is barn work to be taken care of!
Again this same Amish buggy just a bit further away from my driveway! Both pictures of the Amish buggy are taken from my driveway.
The Amish families in our area are very friendly, they always wave when they pass by or sometimes they will stop and chat for a few minutes. It is interesting because the children learn to speak PA Dutch before they speak English...so the children are for the most part silent but smiling!
I do hope you enjoyed another glimpse of my area, it is friendly and peaceful. I pray that it can stay this way forever!

2 comments:
Barb, I love that second picture. If anyone else is reading this and have not clicked to enlarge I urge you to go back and click on it. It always amazes me even with my own pictures how much more I love them opened up.
Also, the baby quilts I am making--it is not really my own design. It is sort of like a stepping stones pattern, I just replaced the nine patch with the little 'pictures'...I had been thinking along that line. Then I happened to catch a glimpse of one of E. Burns quilts and that is where the idea for the 'color blocks' came from.
Great pics Barb...and I am enjoying watching the progress of the raffle quilt!
HLY
Laurie
Post a Comment