Do you recognize the gal in my first picture that follows? If you guessed Marianne Fons you are correct, and YES this is a picture that I actually snapped yesterday. DGD and I had the opportunity to hear Marianne in person at a lecture and trunk show! The local Bernina shop has sponsored a "nationally known quilter" each May for what is now three years! First year we heard and saw a demonstration by
Libby Lehmann, second year it was
Alex Anderson with a lecture and trunk show, and this year
Marianne, how fortunate for us! Marianne told us that she is "only doing three or four road talks a year now", so this made it even more special, that we had the opportunity to attend.

Can you guess which one of us loved this *bright* quilt...I am sure
Laurie can answer quickly, it was DGD!

Interesting that there was a quilt made with *polka dots* given my apparent love of fabrics with dots ;>), and of course this is my favorite. Simple quilt design but surely gives me an idea of what to do with my *polka dot* fabrics (some of my polka dots)!!

Just looking at my fabric right now seems to be good therapy for a stressful time on the job!
4 comments:
Lucky you! Love that polkadot quilt...did she talk and mingle after her talk? I always think they seem so nice and down to earth.
Rose, she did have a question and answer time, and also signed books, but DGD and I had to hurry on because DGD had to quickly go to her dance recital rehearsal! Last year Alex Anderson spent quite a bit of time talking with DGD about making quilts on commission and that was wonderful. Alex is very down to earth!
Lucky you, I have a few of her DVDs, I'm sure she was a great, well-prepared, speaker.
GREAT FUN!! I knew dgd LOVED the brights! LOL...now get those polka dots cut up and into a quilt!
hly
laurie
Post a Comment