Monday, May 5, 2008

quick fix, maybe not...

Since I have been having some stressful times in the office, it felt right to just "get away" and hope it would be a "quick fix"!! Good idea, holding true ~ not so much ~!! Don't get me wrong it was fun while it lasted, but ALL GOOD THINGS do not go on forever -- unfortunately reality waits for us!

Now for a few quick snaps of the camera and you will have a peek at my weekend! First stop Saturday morning was at a fabric shop. What a neat *fabric shop* and *yes* I found a few fabrics that followed me home ;>)! Thank you to Suzan for emailing the info about this shop...very nice shop, fabrics with the important names such as *Moda* and their latest lines, lots of Batiks, and very nicely arranged in a VERY CLEAN AND ORGANIZED shop! My DGD was able to find the fabrics she needed for the commissioned baby quilt, and stayed within budget of the client. Oh did I mention the prices are very good at this shop too! DGD will be posting the pictures of her fabrics to her blog as soon as she has a break in her very hectic schedule, spring is very busy for that young lady!

The fabrics that followed me home, do you see more polka dots? I think I am seeing a trend in my fabric stash that soon will require its very own shelf :>)!



The Tanger Outlet Mall at night ~ we were there as they closed for the night! Oh yes we did do shopping at the Rockvale Outlet Mall as posted on my earlier entry, that was during the afternoon :>)! We stayed overnight at a nice clean Sleep Inn, and truly dropped into bed exhausted!



Bags from shopping unloaded and *tossed* on the couch, because I am TOOOOOOOO TIRED to go thru everything upon our return! Oh and YES we did shop Sunday afternooon in Harrisburg at shopping areas too :>)...my DD and DGD really take shopping to a higher level, I was one very tired shopper and they were still going strong!



It is tradition when we return from Lancaster or Hershey to stop at this corner gas station/ice cream shop leftover from the 1950s! It is the neatest place and everyone is friendly and they have HUGE ice cream cones and it is JUST FUN!!



Here you see it ~ my *dish* of Black Raspberry Ice Cream...yummy and enjoyed!



Back to Reality 101 ~ today was just more of the same push in the office! I do hope you enjoyed a glimpse of my weekend escape, and again thank you to Suzan for suggesting Dutchland Quilt Patch (great suggestion) and to my DD and DGD for giving me the time that I needed! OH I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I am so glad you had a good time! I am no longer a marathon shopper either...I am at my best in a quilt shop. LOL

I love the fabric that hitchhiked home with you. I especially like the green one with the red 'dots' that is on the right side.

p.s Clover, the bunny is still alive.

Laurie said...

Sounds like a super time Barb! I wish the office stuff would go away!
HLY
Laurie