Saturday, May 10, 2008

welcome to my neighborhood...

This is a picture taken as I am looking from my deck into one corner of the back yard...don't you *love* the green of spring? The wooded area is just beyond my back yard, our neighbor Jim is a great guy and shares his woods with our grandchildren anytime they wish to take a hike with *Grandpa*. I must admit there has been a time or two that a *snake* has made an appearance *YIKES* I don't like *snakes*, just ask my family ;>( !!



Still in my back yard, but I have walked a bit closer to the woods, the shrubs are on our property, and need to be trimmed :>)....YES DEAR THEY DO ;o)!



And in front of our house, we have a visit by the cows in the meadow belonging to one of the Amish farmers, he has a large herd, but most of the herd is not visible YET, they are on their way!



Quiet and peaceful is how I describe our neighborhood, a perfect place for a walk on the *country* road, and a wave as we pass the homes of the neighbors! Our houses are not close, each property is at least 2 acres or more!

3 comments:

country mouse said...

Oh how I would love to have your backyard!! I grew up in the country and truly miss the peace and quiet that living there brings. All that springtime green never ceases to make me smile :cD

Laurie said...

Very neat Barb! Thanks for sharing your "corner" of the world!
hly
laurie

Rose said...

I too miss country life...I would love to have cows as next door neighbors.