Wednesday, May 27, 2009

how is your day ?...

(a book that is providing inspiration)

I have never been to an *Ollies* store before, and with a few minutes to spare while we waited to be booked into our Holiday Inn Express for the Lehigh U. graduation weekend, we wondered around in an Ollies! Interesting store, lots of stufff...and I mean LOTS of STUFF... I found this book by Max Lucado. First I really like his books, find them encouraging and thought provoking...the original price was $22.99 and I purchased it for $3.99, and why not since I like his books!

The book has a quote that really makes me think about my days "after all, doesn't every day deserve a chance to be a good one?"...and my thought is YES let's give each day a chance! I am counting on Max to tell me how to reach this goal!

(another donation quilt, this is made from a charm pack and a few scrappy strips from my stash)

I am hoping this quilt will be loved by a child that enjoys sweet colors...I am feeling pretty good about using up the stash fabrics and turning out some quilts for children!

It is raining in Central Pa today, and we truly need the rain! You have a great day now!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOo very glad you have had time to quilt!!! It looks gorgeous!
hly
laurie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'd like to hear what you think of that book. I haven't seen this one; his writing is so encouraging.